Our sustainability framework is established based on a series of robust policies which cover three strategic pillars: Environmental Sustainability, People & Community and Governance & Ethics. We are committed to the highest standards of corporate governance and invest in people who share our core values. Together, we deliver sustainable performance and create positive impact to the community and environment.
- We are committed to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment and do our part to combat climate change
People & Community
- We are committed to provide a safe and healthy workplace, invest in training and develop our people to help them reach their full potential
- We are committed to create positive impact on the communities that we operate in
Governance & Ethics
- We are committed to operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and our Codes of Ethics and Business Conduct
Minimise environmental impacts through effective management of assets
ARA’s environmental stewardship is focused on improving energy and water efficiencies and proper waste management of our buildings. Our concerted efforts strive to achieve lower environmental footprint, conservation of natural resources and combat the climate change.
Our environmental objectives are to:
- Foster an environmentally friendly culture as part of our stakeholders’ engagement
- Incorporate environmental considerations in our assets
- Improve energy, water and waste management efficiencies
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations
Engage our people and communities in which we operate
Social responsibility is part of our central tenet as it determines the harmonious and synergetic relationship between ARA and its stakeholders, particularly our employees. We strive to make a positive impact to the communities and ensure that our buildings can improve the quality of workplace environment for our occupiers.
Our social objectives are to:
- Be the employer of choice and advocate of diversity & inclusion
- Contribute through community involvement and philanthropy
- Achieve best-in-class assets and services
Ensure strong governance, integrity and accountability
ARA is committed to ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance is practiced throughout the Group. We strictly adhere to the corporate governance principles and codes in all the countries where we operate. This is underpinned by the strong leadership of our board, robust internal controls and risk management systems and well-defined policies.
Our governance objectives are to:
- Provide leadership by setting the highest standards of corporate governance
- Embrace diversity to promote inclusion of different perspectives and avoid group-think
- Manage risks effectively and seize opportunities within acceptable risk tolerance
WorldGBC Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
ARA is the first real assets fund manager in Asia to pledge itself as a signatory of the WorldGBC’s Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment. This commitment calls upon corporations to take urgent and immediate climate actions towards decarbonising the built environment, through the reduction of energy demand and adoption of renewable energy.
Principles for Responsible Investment
ARA is a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and we demonstrate a firm commitment to responsible investing and sustainability best practices. The PRI is an independent organisation that emphasizes incorporating ESG factors into companies’ ownership and investment decisions.
Science Based Targets Initiative
ARA shall develop an emissions reduction target for validation by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) based on the ‘well-below 2°C’ scenario. This provides us with a clearly defined pathway to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, help prevent the worst impacts of climate change and ensure sustainability for the future generations.
Across our international portfolio, our public listed REITs also publish their respective sustainability reports. These reports reflect the ARA investor-operator approach in managing our assets towards a sustainable future.
To learn more, you may download our latest reports by clicking on the logos below.
Awards & Accolades
Best Sustainable REIT Fund Manager (Asia Pacific 2020) – Asset Management Awards 2020, Capital Finance International
Best Health & Wellbeing Program Winner and Employer of Choice Excellence Award – HRD Awards Asia 2020
Excellence in Workplace Wellbeing Winner (Gold) and Excellence in Retention Strategy (Bronze) – HR Excellence Awards 2020
Champions for Family – Focus on the Family Singapore
Building and Construction Authority Green Mark Platinum and Gold ratings for our properties in Singapore
5 Star Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark ratings for our listed REITs and private funds, since participation
Prestigious US Green Building Council LEED Gold award for our hospitality property in US
NABERS energy and water ratings for our properties in Australia
Reports, Policies & Guides
|Compliance with ESG Laws and Regulations||Policy|
|Diversity and Equal Opportunities||Policy|
|Energy Consumption and Management||Policy|
|Environmental Management System||Policy|
|GHG Emissions and Management||Policy|
|Internal Code on Securities Dealing||Policy|
|Quality of Assets and Services||Policy|
|Resilience to Catastrophe and Disaster||Policy|